Basketball England announced the league structures for the upcoming season. The University of Chester will face off against eleven teams in Division 2 North of the National Basketball League.
As well as competing against University teams in the British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) competitions, the University also competes nationally in the Club league structure. After recent successes, the University of Chester gained promotion to Division 2 North of the Basketball England National Basketball Leagues.
During the 2019/20 season, Chester finished 7th in their first and only season in NBL Division 2, retaining their place for the upcoming season. Winners and runners up of the Division can apply for promotion to Division 1. While teams finishing in the bottom two places will be relegated to Division 3.
There are five teams being promoted to Division 2 for the 21/22 season. The teams competing with Chester in Division 2 North for the 21/22 season and their previous standings follow:
- Bristol Academy Flyers (8th Division 2 North 2019/20)
- Bristol Hurricanes (10th Division 2 North 2019/20)
- Charnwood Riders (3rd Division 2 North 2019/20)
- City of Birmingham Rockets (2nd Division 3 Midlands 2019/20)
- Doncaster Eagles (1st Division 3 Midlands 2019/20)
- ENCON Derbyshire Arrows (4th Division 2 North 2019/20)
- Manchester Magic (5th Division 2 North 2019/20)
- Myerscough Basketball Academy (2nd Division 2 North 2019/20)
- Northamptonshire Titans (1st Division 3 East 2019/20)
- Nottingham Trent Hoods (3rd Division 3 East 2019/20)
- Team Birmingham Elite (6th Division 2 North 2019/20)
More information on the playoff structure and fixtures will be released in due course.